Charles Fey invented the first slot machine in the late 1800s. but don't blame him - Bugsy Siegel started the craze when he furnished his Flamingo Hilton hotel with slots back in the late 1940s as enterainment for the wives and girlfriends of his high-rolling friends. The rest is history. America can't seem to build slot palaces fast enough!
Slot machines have a universal appeal because, unlike other casino games, you can play them at your own pace and they don't require any skills. They are the least understood of all the gambling options. In most other games, the odds are quantifiable, which means you can determine the odds by applying some math on the disclosed rules. But, aside from specified minimums set by law, the player has almost no idea what the payoff of the slot machine, and which slots they can choice. The minimum return percentages are vary from stats to stats in American, the minimum payout are set at 75% in Nevada and 83% in Atlantic.
Here's some tips before you decide Which Slots to Play
1. Remember that Slots cost money. They are a fun source of entertainment but anything that costs money is serious. So treat Slots games seriously and spend your money responsibly. Some Money Management Strategies here...
2. Always bet the max number of paylines. Your best bet at winning is to win the jackpot, and the only way to get the jackpot is to always bet the max number of paylines.
3. Keep an eye out for special situations. Super high jackpots or Slots that haven't paid out in a long time.
4. Look for Slot machines that offer high bonuses, bonus rounds. Read more detail about The Bonus Multiplier
5. Look for Casinos that offer 1st time customer bonuses, giveaways and comps.
7. Contrary to the myth, Casinos don't put "Loose" slot machines in certain areas and tight slot games in other areas. When you enter a casino look around and figure out which machines are loose and which a tight. You can read this for understanding of how Odds works in Slot Machine.
8. Don't be afraid to talk to the Hosts, at a casino. They are there to do things for YOU. Ask them for comps, ask them for freebies. It can't hurt.
9. Playing slots with friends is always better than by yourself. What's even better is playing a single slot machine with a group of friends. All you have to do is agree to share the jackpot and you can all drastically increase your chances of winning a lot of money.
10. Enjoy yourself. Slots are entertainment. Don't get too caught up in winning. Always remember that the more fun you're having at slots the less money you'll spend and the more satisfied you'll feel.